[ANNOUNCE] VDR developer version 1.3.31

Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
> I'm gradually trying to tie up lose ends and make a stable version 1.4 now.

I am not happy with the performance of VDR 1.3's 'recordings' menu.
At least on my system, it takes 30 seconds or longer to bring up the
'recordings' menu after vdr has been restarted or after the .update
file has been touched (This may have to do with the fact that I have
9 VDR disks which spin down when not in use for 5 minutes).
Members of my family often inadvertendly start the first recording
because they press OK several times after the 'recordings' menu is
seemingly not reacting.

Improvements in that area can come from Ralf M?ller's
"Patch to avoid file system buffer trashing" and from my
"Patch to get rid of redundant resume.vdr files".

It would also be nice if VDR would at least switch from the main
menu to the (initially empty) 'recordings' menu immediately when
the 'recordings' menu is selected.

Klaus, are any of the above 3 modifications going to make it into 1.3
before the switch to 1.4?

Thanks,

Carsten.