Same key does different things: confusing

Luca Olivetti wrote:
> When there's a submenu open the "Menu" key turns off the menu and the
> "Back" key goes back to the main menu.
> However if a plugin implements the osd as cOsdObject the same keys do
> the reverse: the "Menu" key goes back to the main menu and the "Back"
> key turns off the menu.

Basically its simple: The 'menu' key always opens the main menu, unless
a menu is open. In that case, the menu is closed. This is even true for
other VDR core dialogs that are not menu based, like channel info or audio.

On the other hand, I also tend to use the 'menu' key as 'close current
OSD whatever' key, though it sometimes opens a menu I actually don't need.

Maybe this really would make a good usability change. It should be
possible without serious regressions, since the 'menu' key is never
passed to plugins anyway.

Cheers,

Udo