Feature request: suggestion for cPlugin

cwieninger@xxxxxx wrote:
> IMHO 3. is the best solution.

Since I don't want to enforce extra supported checks, I tend to a
variation of 2: Suggest to use NULL as install check without action.
Enforcing an install check in docs and not using it is inconsistent.

----8<----
<tt>Data</tt> points to a custom data structure. For each id string
there should be a specification that describes the format of the data
structure, and any change to the format should  be reflected by a change
of the id string.
The function shall return true for any service ID string it handles, and
false otherwise. The plugins have to agreee in which situations the
service may be called, for example whether the service may be called
from every thread, or just from the main thread. Plugins can implement a
'service supported' check by returning <tt>true</tt> without performing
any actions when called with <tt>Data=NULL</tt>.

Cheers,

Udo