VDR LiveBuffer Patch

Thomas Bergwinkl wrote:
> At the moment I don't see, which advantage you have, if you catchup with
> the live video.
> In my opinion it is better not to do so. When the next commercial break
> starts you can jump to the end and mustn't watch it.

I totally agree.

Gee, I prepared my dinner later than other people on the other
end of the world, so now I have to eat only half of the appetizer
and only half of the main course in order to catch up with them?  ;-)

And: I do not see what this has to do with the LiveBuffer Patch.
If many people are in a hurry and want to watch a recording in
half the time, why would that only be useful for recordings that
happen to originate from the LiveBuffer Patch?
If there really is a majority out there that would like to watch
a recording faster than in real time, maybe the feature should
be a general playback feature of VDR.

Seriously: I guess it might be nice to be able to do FF and SF
            (within limits) *with* audio.
            That's what the feature described by Rainer really is.

Carsten.