Feature request: suggestion for cPlugin

Christian Wieninger wrote:
> Hi,
>
>> Why don't you just give your plugin a dedicated function
>> that does exactly what you want? You'll just need to typecast
>> the cPlugin pointer you have to the particular type and can
>> then call that plugin's additional functions.
>>
>> Or am I missing something here?
>>
>> Klaus
>

> but this would force the 'client'-plugin, that wants to use some
> functions of  the 'server'-plugin, to include a header, that defines the
> extended plugin-class. Or how should the client-plugin know about the
> additional functions?

It would have to know about exactly which parameters to provide, anyway.
Where's the problem with including the proper header file?

> And what, if the server-plugin isn't installed?

Then you won't get it through cPluginManager::GetPlugin(const char *Name).
Or how do you get the plugin, anyway?

> I agree to Udo, that a general purpose interface would be a better
> solution.

I don't - at least not yet. Including the proper header file and calling
a dedicated function seems much more reasonable to me.

Klaus