[ANNOUNCE] vdr-xine-0.7.5 plugin

Hi,

I'm pleased to announce maintenance release 0.7.5:

     http://home.vr-web.de/~rnissl/vdr-xine-0.7.5.tgz

Due to the changes in xine's CVS I've released this version earlier than
I had planned. As a result, the known issue concerning the delay in
playback when switching to trick speed mode is still not solved, but
maybe it has improved a little bit.

2005-08-14: Version 0.7.5

- Added documentation about gxine's VDR support to MANUAL (thanks to
   Darren Salt for supplying the patch).
- Fixed xine-plugin to update audio stream bitrate and decoder.
- Removed singleton enforcement of xine-plugin as it caused problems
   with xine's post plugin management (suggested by Darren Salt).
- Added support to select left / right audio channel by audio post
   plugin 'vdr_audio'.
- Added audio post plugin support to xine-ui and fbxine which was needed
   for the new audio post plugin vdr_audio.
- Renamed video post plugin 'vdr' to 'vdr_video' to match naming scheme,
   but it also registered as 'vdr' to maintain compatibility.
- Created audio post plugin 'upmix_mono' to turn a mono stream into a
   stereo one with identical data on both sides (requested by Lucian
   Muresan).
- Fixed some endianness problems in OSD code (thanks to Carsten
   Rietzschel for reporting this issue).
- Fixed some compiler warnings with gcc-4.0.1 and gcc-4.1 (thanks to
   Eric OUEDRAOGO for reporting this issue).
- Updated plugin to match interface changes in VDR-1.3.27 (thanks to
   C.Y.M for reporting this issue).
- Fixed implementation of cDevice::Clear() which didn't ensure that
   really all data (i. e. the data which is just in the FIFO or socket)
   get's cleared. This might improve switching to trickspeed mode.
- Updated MANUAL about using vdr_audio post plugin.

For this release I suggest the following xine sources:

http://home.vr-web.de/~rnissl/xine-lib-cvs-20050814180000.tar.bz2
http://home.vr-web.de/~rnissl/xine-ui-cvs-20050814180000.tar.bz2

Highly recommended is the following patch:

http://home.vr-web.de/~rnissl/vdr-1.3.28-dvbplayer.patch
http://home.vr-web.de/~rnissl/vdr-1.2.6-dvbplayer3.patch

Enjoy.

Bye.