How to speed up vdr start ?

Am Mon, 8 Aug 2005 09:31:02 +0200 schrieb Ludwig Nussel
<ludwig.nussel@xxxxxxx>:

> Christoph Hermanns wrote:
>> Is it possible to speed up the vdr start (e.g. on my system) ???
>> I'm running vdr on a SuSE 8.2 System with 2.4 Kernel driver.
>
> No security updates for 8.2 anymore, don't connect it to a network.

How can i deactivate the network ? I doesn't have a network card in my
pc. Can i easily change the name of the runlevel script from the network
 from S02network to s02network to deactivate it ?
I have in mind that the network service is referenced in another runlevel
script....but i don't have it in my mind which script this was.

>> The start of the runvdr script is initiated by
>> a runlevel script (runlevel 3 and 5).
>>
>> It took about 90 seconds until i got a picture.
>> Here is my runlevel order:
>> [...]
>>
>> vdr is started at position 6 but on the console i see jobs as alsasound
>> and joystick starting before i got a picture.
>>
>> How can i speed up the starting of the dvb driver and vdr ?
>
> On 8.2 the simplest non-intrusive way probably is to just run the
> vdr and dvb init scripts from boot.local. You don't need to
> deactivate all the other boot scripts for that.

Oh, that's a good hint. I will try this....thanks.

Regards,
Christoph