EGP and HDTV ihangs VDR? (was: Re: VDR developer version 1.3.28)

Carsten.Koch@xxxxxxxx(Carsten Koch)  08.08.05 10:19

>>>It stops for a reason I have not yet found
>>
>> I think I am experiencing the same problem. When I activate the
>> automatic EPG scan (i.e. timeout of 2 hours) my VDR suddenly stops
>> responding to anything, I think around the time when it should be
>> scaning. Neither remote, nor svdrp work then, and the watchdog does
>> not restart it. It just sits there doing nothing. There is nothing
>> suspicious in the logs.
>> I have a FF-TechnoTrend DVB-S and a budget Airstar2 DVB-T.
            ~~

>I wonder what happens if VDR encounters an HDTV channel
>with a FF card during an EPG scan.

I think that's known?
A standard full feature card will die after fewseconds,
and VDR(?) will hang in a loop trying to talk to the dead card.
Or was that fixed?

>Since new channels may get entered into channels.conf automatically,
>you may not even know that you have an HDTV channel in it.

Aren't HDTV marked with an impossible CAM tag?