cSkinSTTNGDisplayMenu::SetButtons overwrites the message set via SetMessage

Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
> Luca Olivetti wrote:
>
>> As the subject says. ST:TNG is the only skin where this happens, since
>> it shares the same line for both things. And you can see the "remains"
>> of the message in the space between each button.
>> Maybe I'm wrong, but I shouldn't be forced to stop calling SetButtons
>> if there's a message active (at least if I repeatedly[*] call
>> SetButtons after calling SetMessage it works fine with every other skin).
>>
>> [*] I change the help at each screen refresh based on the menu
>> selection, while I only need to show a message from time to time.
>

> Well, I can check 'message' in cSkinSTTNGDisplayMenu::SetButtons(),
> and not set the buttons if it is true, but that will result in the
> buttons having their _old_ values after the message disappears.

And restoring the buttons in SetMessage would completely solve the
problem, thanks ;-)

> Generally the buttons are not supposed to be changed while a message
> is being displayed. Ok, I haven't written that anywhere explicitly,
> but that's how it's meant, so I can add that remark if you like.

Well, of 7 skins I tried (5 of them text2skin), the only one that didn't
work was ST:TNG, so I suppose that's the one that is not working
according to the specs.

Bye

--
- Yo tambi?n quiero una Europa libre de Patentes de Software  -