vdr slowness when browsing channels

Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
> Besides, OsdItem() and OsdCurrentItem() don't really play that well
> together, anyway. As it is now, a cStatus object gets the full list
> of all items when cOsdMenu::Display() is called, but the current
> item is only referred to by its text, no index is given.
> So I think this needs some more thought.

Yes, that's not optimal. At the moment a plugin has to do a string
search in the OsdItem list to find the index of OsdCurrentItem.
Works most of the time, but fails if there are two similar OsdItems,
for example in some setup menus.

It would be great, if the current index could be queried somehow or
would be passed as a parameter through OsdCurrentItem().

Oliver

VDR Remote Plugin available at
http://www.escape-edv.de/endriss/vdr/