vdr slowness when browsing channels

Hi,

Guy Roussin wrote:

> I notice that vdr is slow when i try to quickly browse
> channels. it eats around 18-20% of the cpu (atlon1200) when
> i hold left or right key when browsing channels (vdr 1.3.27
> vanilla - classic skin) .
> With text2skin (1.0) and Enigma, it eats around 40-50% of
> the cpu and browsing channels is very very slow ...
> Note: cat channels.conf | wc -l  --> 2600 lines

Just give the attached patch a try and report the effect.

The problem seems to be, that for scrolling one line, all 2600 channels
are sent to plugins. The patch changes this behaviour to just send those
channels to plugins that will be shown on screen by VDR.

Other people say that this change is not good as some plugins are able
to display more lines than VDR does and therefore they nolonger receive
the necessary data.

I'd vote for a change in API where VDR just announces the lines it will
display on screen and any plugin that needs more lines than that should
be able to pull this data on its own.

Bye.
--
Dipl.-Inform. (FH) Reinhard Nissl