vdr-xine : extenal commands not allowed!

Paul Guermonprez wrote:
> Reinhard Nissl wrote:
> >Well, you've got something wrong: the included xineplayer is not what
> >you expect it to be. It is to be used in combination with the mplayer
> >plugin, as a "substitute" of mplayer.
> >
> >When VDR has been started, just run xine to get a picture:
> >
> >    xine -V xv -A alsa vdr:/tmp/vdr-xine/stream#demux:mpeg_pes
>
> i've already tried this, and retried with your command line,
> but xine says there's no way to decode this.
>
> there's a "xineplayer" included with "vdr-plugins" package,
> but it doesn't seems to work, it exits with no message ...
>
> i really don't see how to use vdr with my dvb-t card.

Did you read /usr/share/doc/packages/vdr/README.SuSE? That should
get you a picture, at least it worked for me :-) Note that the
default channels.conf in the vdr package is for DVB-S/Astra.

cu
Ludwig

--
 (o_   Ludwig Nussel
 //\   SUSE LINUX Products GmbH, Development