Re: Release: dvb-ttpci-01.fw-261f

On Sat, Jul 30, 2005 at 09:41:34AM +0000, Stefan Huelswitt wrote:
> On 08 Jul 2005 "Martin Binder \(AON\)" <martin_binder@xxxxxx> wrote:
>
> [261f release]
> >>
> >> yeah but that one makes the mp3 plugin stutter (well now there is some
> >> 'tick' 'tick' in every soundtrack)
> >>

> > And here the same with muggle, when mp3 audio files are replayed
>
> Finaly I managed to install 261f.
> I cannot reproduce your problem with mp3 replay. The audio is
> fine.
> But I have still problems on DVD replay. There audio dropouts
> every seconds. This seems to be the same with all 261e and 261f.
>
> >> 0x261d was the last really nicely working firmware for me...
> >
> > For me too - with 0x261f I also get "unknown picture errors" when a recording
> > is starting: I did not see these errors with 0x261d and latest cvs dvb driver
>
> 261d is the best release for me too.

Hmmm ... Question: Do you use PCM/Stereo with the DVD plugin or does
this happen with AC3/DTS?

And what does happen if you are replaying a striped down VOB from a DVD?
You can do this with the help of e.g. vob2vdr ffrom the tools directory
of the bitstreamout plugin, renaming the result to 001.vdr and running
genindex on this.

      Werner

--
AC3 loop through sound card http://bitstreamout.sourceforge.net/