Problem with streamdev-cvs and subtitles - workaround

Anssi Hannula wrote:
> Anssi Hannula wrote:
>
>> Hi!
>>
>> Is anyone using subtitles (with subtitles-plugin) successfully in a
>> streamdev-cvs client?
>>
>> When I switch to any channel (subtitles or not), the video may stay
>> black, and jnettop confirms that no data is sent to the client. Same
>> thing happens with either dxr3 or xine as client's frontend. The
>> client is is running in the same host as the server. I suspect some
>> race condition in the plugin.
>>

> I managed to work around this problem with the attached patch
> (Apparently CmdTUNE deletes and recreates m_LiveStreamer, but nobody
> starts it again). I don't know if the patch has any side effects. Maybe
> streamdev's maintainer can see what's the problem and make a proper fix.

Apparently not so good workaround...
Now if I start client with:

-P"osdteletext -d /opt/vdr-shared/vtx" -Popenmhp -Pstreamdev-client
-Ptext2skin -Pyaepg -Pdvd -P"xine -r" -Psubtitles
=> everything works

-P"xine -r" -P"osdteletext -d /opt/vdr-shared/vtx" -Popenmhp
-Pstreamdev-client -Ptext2skin -Pyaepg -Pdvd  -Psubtitles
=> server crashes immediately when client starts

And I'm unable to get the dxr3 plugin working with this at all. Server
always crashes.

I'll try to put some mutex locking to the streamdev classes, if I can
figure out how they work ;)

--
Anssi Hannula