[ANNOUNCE] openmhp-0.0.1

On 7/20/05, Anssi Hannula <anssi.hannula@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I've now tested the plugin with xine and full featured card. With FF
> card (without mem mod) the maximum working size is 66% with 4 bit colors.

And I thought xine with 100% and 8 bit look pretty bad...

> The background transparency doesn't work in YLE xlets (even in xine), I
> get just gray background. However, the transparency of demo xlets does
> work. Is this expected (your former webpage showed screenshots of YLE
> xlet transparency working)?

The screenshots were unfortunately a bit misleading. They were taken
while using a quickly hacked wrapper AWT toolkit that was lacking in
features, which is apparently why the background was left transparent.
The filled background seems to be an OpenMHP issue (or then the
problem is with the YLE xlets themselves), as it replicates, when
running the ticker with plain OpenMHP. I'll have to bring this up with
the OpenMHP developer.

> When using mhp-plugin (not openmhp), channel-switching in vdr becomes
> extremely slow. Is the mhp-plugin doing something on channel-switches?

I've been working on the plugin on a pretty slow machine, so this kind
of things have gone unnoticed. Well, at least in the
cStatusMonitor::ChannelSwitch (at status.c) another thread seems to be
created only at the very end, but a closer look would be in order. One
thing you might try would be to leave out the xine patch from the
plugin, and see if it still behaves similarly.

> BTW, the logging $OPENMHP_OUT has wrong path in the exec_java.sh.

Thanks, I'll have to fix that.

I'll be away until next week, so this release was kind of a "hit and run" :)

--
Mikko Novaro