reading epg.data kills vdr-1.3.27

On Wed, 2005-07-20 at 08:41 +0200, Harald Milz wrote:
> Harald Milz <hm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > skiller2k1 <skiller2k1@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > > My epg.data is about 15MB, and VDR 1.3.27 works perfectly. Are you sure,
> > > that is the problem?
>
> > Technically speaking, I can't be sure because I did not strace vdr. But
>
> Forgot to add that if I remove epg.data or truncate it to zero before
> starting vdr the problem goes reproducibly away, on 2 different machines.
> Hence my question "is there a way to safely truncate epg.data to a certain
> (safe) length".

I'm seeing some EPG problems that could possibly be related; no crashes
or kills here, but after running for some time, my VDR is developing an
off-by-one (or two) problem with associating programs and their
descriptions.  The shown description for a program may be the one of the
next (or previous, can't remember now) program.  This is particularly
annoying when later burning such a recording to a DVD using the burn
plugin...

I think I've tried all EPG bugfix levels, to no avail.  Removing
epg.data and restarting VDR appears to fix it.  And I don't think I've
ever seen the off-by-one problems until VDR writes epg.data to disk some
time after a "fresh" restart.  Anyone seeing similar effects?