vdr-xine FF & RW stall

On Fri, 2005-07-08 at 13:18 +0200, Reinhard Nissl wrote:
> >> cVideoRepacker will finally make my patch only necessary to edit old
> >> recordings, but the patch should not be harmful to any recordings
> >> taken with cVideoRepacker enabled (= my current setup).
> >
> > I've not applied any patches - just used the stock vdr-1.3.27
>
> Hhm, that doesn't work properly then. For vdr-xine-0.7.4, you'll need my
> dvbplayer-patch which is available on my homepage.

To add some more information to this discussion...

I was using vdr-1.3.25 with xine-0.7.4 and I was getting pauses of about
2 s or so between stopping ffwd and replay starting again. It was also
difficult to go back or forward accurately because what was shown during
ffwd or rwd seemed to be several seconds out from where it stopped!

I have just upgraded to vdr-1.3.27 with cVideoRepacker enabled and
dvbplayer patched with xine-0.7.4 and it seems much more responsive.
Multi-speed works although I don't think the picture updates during ffwd
until I get to full-speed. Slow motion also works forward; I think I
tried going backwards slowly and vdr restarted.

This was only a quick test but this seems much better than it was with
my previous version.

Cheers,

Laz