MP3 plugin with NPTL

Ville Skytt? wrote:

>Is anyone using the MP3 plugin while running VDR with NPTL?

I tried mp3, and muggle as well which I think is very nice.

>It kind of "works", as in "starts playing", but there's a huge delay
>before any remote controller key presses affect anything.  No such
>problems when running with LD_ASSUME_KERNEL=2.4.1 here.

But I got the same effect as you with both music players so I'm sticking
with LD_ASSUME_KERNEL trick so far. Without the plugins I feel that the
overall behavior such as responsiveness and channel switch times (and
OSD stability that is sometimes poor with dxr3) were better with NPTL
(2.6.12 kernel).

Cheers,
Seppo