[ANNOUNCE] bitstreamout plugin 0.84 (AC3 loop through sound card)

On Fri, Jun 24, 2005 at 11:03:55PM +0200, Harald Milz wrote:
> Dr. Werner Fink <werner@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > just uploaded the bitstreamout plugin 0.84. From the changelog:
>
> Hi Werner,
>
> just curious,
>
> what merits does the bitstreamout plugin have given the AC3 patched
> firmware? I tried the bitstreamout plugin at a certain point, getting AV
> delays all over the place. With the AC3 firmware this is not an issue.

I do not have delays.  Only for MPA over PCI, e.g. no HW connection
from S/P-DIF on J2 of the DVB card to a S/P-DIF in of the sound card
you may get an asynchronous audio stream.  This depends also on the
sound card and its speed of initialziation.  The synchronization done
by the bitstreamout plugin depends on the STC values read from the
DVB card and is done only _once_ at startup.  The synchronization done
by the DVB card is done all the time by tuning the HW clock.  This the
plugin cannot do without dropping audio for short time due to the fact
that the clock of the sound card used for putting out the PCM cannot
be tuned by the plugin or any other tool.

         Werner

--
AC3 loop through sound card http://bitstreamout.sourceforge.net/
Howto http://www.vdr-portal.de/board/thread.php?threadid=1958