Using VDR with more than one DVB card?

erik@xxxxxxxxxxxxx(Erik Tjernlund)  25.06.05 13:00

>I've been using VDR for a long time with one DVB-C card.
>Now I've added a second, identical card (Technotrend DVB-C 2.1).

>I get a picture, but it's of very low quality and
>breaking up all the time.

How have you wired the 2 cards to your one cable cable?
The direct cable signal is usually not able to drive 2 receivers.

Do you have error messages in /var/log/syslog?

>Do I have to do something special to get this setup to work
>properly? Suggestions?

- Use the new card "in place" of the old to make sure that this
  new card is not DOA

- Place the new card (alone) into the intended slot.

- use different slots

- Use the old card as second board

- Remove all hardware not required

- Tell the BIOS to reassign the  PCI resourses

>VDR: 1.3.27
>DVB: latest CVS

>Here's the lspci output for the cards (formatted for readability):

>0000:00:0b.0
>   Multimedia controller:
>     Philips Semiconductors SAA7146 (rev 01)
>   Subsystem:
>     Technotrend Systemtechnik GmbH Technotrend/Hauppauge DVB card
>rev2.1    Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 64, IRQ 11
>   Memory at cfffce00 (32-bit, non-prefetchable)

>0000:00:0d.0
>   Multimedia controller:
>     Philips Semiconductors SAA7146 (rev 01)
>   Subsystem:
>     Technotrend Systemtechnik GmbH Technotrend/Hauppauge DVB card
>rev2.1    Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 64, IRQ 5
>   Memory at cfffcc00 (32-bit, non-prefetchable)

Are those interrupt shared?