Air/SkyStar2 IRQ stop (partial) fix

Patrick Boettcher wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> after some time of investigation the no-data problem of the
> flexcop-pci-driver (f.k.a skystar2-driver) is fixed (partially at
> least).
>
> Short problem description: after some time stressing the card with
> (re)tuning (e.g. as a slave card in VDR doing EPG/channels-scan) the
> card stops to producing interrupts and thus delivers not data
> anymore.

I had the same problem here. The cards stayed tuned, EPG data for the
tuned transponder was updated, but recordings didn't work.

> I could only do tests with an old AirStar card which is not really
> reliable, because most of the affected cards are SkyStar2 DVB-S and I
> don't have easy access to DVB-S.
>
> I highly encourage everyone who suffered/ is suffering from this
> issue to either try current CVS of dvb-kernel (requires 2.6.12) or to
> checkout CVS from 2005-06-18 and apply this patch [1] (runs with
> 2.6.9/10/11). (cvs co -D 2005-06-18 dvb-kernel or cvs up -D
> 2005-06-18)

I'm using VDR on Fedora Core 4 and built a custom kernel based on the
original from Fedora plus your patch.

> Please report your results. Thank you and good luck ;).

Great work, Patrick!

I have VDR 1.3.27 with two AirStar2 PCI cards, it seems to work now! VDR
is running for about 6 hours with the patched kernel and the EPG still
gets updated. I've recorded some programs in the meantime to see
whether it still works afterwards, no problems so far.

Regards,
Andreas