EPG scan on single card system

Luca Olivetti wrote:
> Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
>
>> Luca Olivetti wrote:

>>> I have the opposite (I think) problem: I have epg timeout set to 0 to
>>> disable epg scan, but while playing a recording the dish moved.
>>

>> That's odd. The check in question here is
>>
>>   if (Device != cDevice::ActualDevice() ||
>

> Isn't that always true when you're replaying through a dxr3 or xine
> output plugin?
>
>>      (Device->ProvidesTransponderExclusively(Channel) &&
>>       Setup.EPGScanTimeout && now - lastActivity >
>> Setup.EPGScanTimeout * 3600)) {
>>
>> which explicitly contains a check whether Setup.EPGScanTimeout is not 0.
>

> if the above is true the the setting of EPGScanTimeout doesn't matter

I made it so that an EPG scan can always be done if there is a free
DVB device. This means that if there is only a FF DVB card and a replay
is going on, the receiver part of the DVB card actually can do an EPG scan.

Having Setup.EPGScanTimeout set to 0 should actually inhibit the entire
EPG scan mechanism, because of

   if (Setup.EPGScanTimeout && Channels.MaxNumber() > 1) {

at the beginning of cEITScanner::Process().

Klaus

e '0' means "no EPG scan at all".
So maybe I should pull the check for Setup.EPGScanTimeout to the front
of this condition.

Klaus