[ANNOUNCE] vdr 1.3 SUSE RPMs

Klaus.Schmidinger@xxxxxxxxxx(Klaus Schmidinger)  19.06.05 12:12

>Well, I still believe that the majority of systems will have
>only one LNB,

The adavntage why i still use (the meanwhile relativley expensive) VDR
is it's ability to use up to four cards, mixed(!) DVB-T, DVB-C, DVB-T.
No commerical can do that (and will never, i assume).
But they usualy have a clean "resource management"
which i am missing at VDR.

>anyway, and any reasonable multi-LNB system should use a
>multiswitch.

AFAIK there approx. 100 downloads of the LNBsharing patch
for 1.3.x.
As it is of very limited (actually no, as VDR already "locks" the
LNB in a single card system) use for the SingleLNB guys
i assume there are at least 50 users in that unlucky situation,
to have only one wire, which can ONLY be solved with VDR, AFAIK.

Affordable "Single-Wire-Solutions" are no solution - they
will block many transponders.

There is a list of the most dangerous things in the world,
two i rember:
"A softworker with a solder iron" and:
"A software with a hardware patch".

The second fits your suggestion to fix missing
the resource managent with a mulit-switch ;-).

And:
On Motor dishes a mulit-switch will not help much.

Too recently some asked if VDR is so clever that in a
two card system DVB-S and DVB-T will chosse the transmission
on the other system if the program is avaible on both...

I assume that should be solved from the ground and not by separate
"patches". Else it will be an endless story.

Ooops, i forgot to mention the "CA"-resources...

Rainer