Re: DVB-T and channels.conf

marcel.wiesweg@xxxxxx(Marcel Wiesweg)  18.06.05 23:29

>Am Freitag 17 Juni 2005 21:57 schrieb Rainer Zocholl:
>> Hello
>>
>> recently i already reported about a wiered problem
>>
>> VDR generates 2 channels.conf entries for every DVB-T channel.
>>
>> Example:
>>
>> VOX;RTL
>> World:666000:I0C23D0M16B8T8G8Y0:T:27500:545:546=deu:551:0:16418:8468
>> :8706:0 VOX;RTL World:666000:I0C23D0M16B8T8G8Y0:T:27500:0:0:0:0:1641
>> 8:8468:2818:0
>>
>> I would not care about it, but i get the
>> EPG infos only on the second entry. But there is no
>> video.

>I had these problems here in the Ruhrgebiet/D?sseldorf region when the
>frequency layout was changed in April.

Ah!
We had here a frequency swap too at that time!

>Somehow VDR did not get the
>changes right, don't know if that was possible at all. Solution was to
>replace channels.conf with the new one from VDR wiki.

I did too. (Not knowing that this will render my timers.conf unusable)
It worked first, but  sometime later the wrong entries
again popups, stealing the EPG infos.

There are 2 Problems:

a) Why are those broken entrey generated
b) Why is EPG using the wrong entries.

>> Why does EGP get not infos at the first entry, which looks much
>> less broken that the second?

>The second line has no audio/video PIDs, so no audio/video reception.

ACK.

>The two lines have different service IDs - so they refer to different
>services.

Hm, but both are "VOX" (or RTL)
an i see the right EOG for VOX on the black channel.

>The EIT table contains a field service_id, and VDR has to
>associate the EPG info from that table to a channel with this service
>ID.
>If the EIT for VOX refers to the service ID 2818, only the
>channels for the second line will have EPG.
>The PIDs are set from data in the PMT table.

Thanks for explaining this.

>> Any usefull step to narrow the problem?

>If the pragmatical solution (new channels.conf) does not work,

I have approx 70 timers.
They will all be broken after that.
At leats the last time i edited channels.conf manually.

>you
>might want to analyze the relevant SI information:
>Install dvbsnoop.
>For command line options, read their examples list.
>Retrieve the PAT at PID 0x00.
>Retrieve the PMT for VOX at the PID given by the PAT.
>Read the EITs at PID 0x12 and find the one for VOX. Look at the
>service ID it refers to.

I'try.
Rainer---<=====>                         Vertraulich
             //