Request: Change Dolby Digital handling

peter.dittmann@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:

>>audio
>>CAC> Hm, I will give it a try, but as far as I know it wont work vor
>>DVD-Audio
>>CAC> thenm as it is 'downsampled' within the DVB-Card. Right?
>>
>>I never tried it with DVD.
>>If it doesn't work as expected, it should not use 'use Dolby Digital'
>>setup option for playback.
>

> Yes, the DVD plugin is broken as it uses 'useDolbyDigital'
>
> However I would also like to have seperate settings for use/record DD.
> Please consider a novice user (WAF ;-) ) and a system were DD schould be
> recorded (for DVD) but has no DD capable receiver attached. It's easy with
> audio button to switch to DD and end up with no audio.
>
> I personal belive the 'use DD' should be used to control the output capability.
> So on a box without DD output being used, the audio menu will not allow to
> switch to DD (or alternatively decode DD and downmix to stereo on analoge out).
> However the recording to disc should be able to contain DD.

I would also like to be able to record DD streams. But if I enable the
useDolbyDigital, the VDR might try to use DD for playing also and I do
not have the DD equipment. Yes, I could change the audio stream with the
audio button, but I don't like that I would have to change audio of
every channel. Also, when the DVD plugin implements correct
"useDolbyDigital" usage (correct me if I'm wrong, but that means to
offer the audio tracks in the VDR Audio menu), I would have to switch
every DVD to non-DD track also.

I'd like a separate option for playing and recording.

> P.S. Sorry if webmail client break thread ;-)

It did not :)

--
Anssi Hannula