Low volume on Pro7 ?

On Thu, Jun 09, 2005 at 11:57:19AM +0200, Prakash Punnoor wrote:
> Dr. Werner Fink schrieb:
> >

> > Most AC3 channels do have a lower volume due to the fact that
> > the dynanic range of AC3 is much more than 100dB. This is much
> > more than you can do with Mpeg Audio and raw PCM at 16bit[1].
>

> You know that you can feed floating-points into mpa and get the same out and
> there is also an extension for mc, so in theory you can get nearly the same
> dynamics with mpa as with ac3, but usually tracks are not mixed this way and
> as nearly no receiver handles mpa, it gets decoded to PCM anyway, so
> practically you are right.

OK, usually I do not feed my AV amplifier with mpa even
if it can decode this.  This because it can not detect
this automatically as ti does it with PCM/AC3/DTS .

Do you have a mpa sample which demostrate the possible
dynamic range?  With the help of the bitsteamout plugin it
is possible to forward the mpa to an AV amplifier/receiver.

       Werner

--
AC3 loop through sound card http://bitstreamout.sourceforge.net/
Howto http://www.vdr-portal.de/board/thread.php?threadid=1958