Re: Low volume on Pro7 ?

Harald Milz wrote:
> Hi,
>
> is it just my setup or does Pro7 actually have a far lower volume than
> all other channels? I'm using Werner's 261d firmware with AC3overDVB
> from a FF 1.3 card over an optical SPDIF link into a home cinema system.

ProSieben, Sat.1, ZDF and mybe others which also broadcast and AC3 audio
have lower volume on AC3, even on domestic receivers. As it is AC3 over
SPDIF, I don't think its volume can be adjusted elswhere than in your
decoder amp. Maybe all other channels broadcasting MP2 should be
adjusted lower.

> While we're at that, has anyone been working on a limiter to keep the
> advertising blocks' volumes down? As most of you will know, the ad blocks
> have an average level 3 dB above the average level in the rest of the
> material. This is very annoying particularly after a low volume scene in a
> film. ... :-( Noad's algos could be helpful here.

On AC3 I think it's not possible, see above...

Just my 2 cents,
Lucian