Pace sat-receiverremotes

Hi all!

I have an old Pace MSS series remote laying around from the days when
analog satellite receivers and videocrypt were young and beautiful.

The remote has quite many nice buttons, and I thought that it would be
really nice to use it for VDR. My problem is that VDR (through lirc)
does not recognise any of the buttons when I want to learn VDR this
remote. When using the commandline tool that displays the key codes
(don't remember the name of it, maybe mm-something??), I'll get an
output on all keys.

Is there something special with these remotes that makes VDR incapable
of recognizing this remote, or has maybe to do with my lirc-setup?

My current remote from an sony television works perfectly with VDR

Regards,

Ren?