suggestion: version stamping of patches

Rainer Zocholl wrote:
>>Actually... My VDR + plugin sources are built from the tars by a
>>prepare script
>
> Somewhere to download the script?

Its a quite hacked script, not really meant for publishing. Some tools
for format independent archive extraction and patching, and code
snippets for each package and each patch. It defaults to extract my full
working version, but can be used to extract certain parts only.

I always thought of a more general script concept that would allow VDR
source preparation 'a la carte' based on scripts, patches and config
files etc, combined with dependencies and basic version checks (use file
x for version <x.x and file y for version >=x.x), but never got to it.
So many ideas, so little time. ;)

Cheers,

Udo