Recording format changed?

Hey...

I have used vdr for almost three years now, and I must say that I'm very
happy with it. But a few weeks ago, I upgraded from the stable to the
developer-version (1.3.17, Debian-packages from e-tobi.net), and now I
have a problem: tosvcd doesn't work with recordings of the
developer-version.

I use tosvcd to convert certain series to SVCD. I have collected many
SVCDs over the years, and I wouldn't like to switch to DVDs at this
moment.

It seems as if the file-format of the recordings has changed between the
stable and the developer-version, but I can't figure out the differences.
And I fear that even if I knew the changes, I'm not C-hacker enough to fix
tosvcd.

Has anybody experienced the same problems?

Did the file format really change between the versions?

If yes, where can I find the differences (in which file)?

I already posted my problem (including some log-output, but with german
text) to the forum vdrportal.de
(http://vdrportal.de/board/thread.php?threadid=33904), but it seems as if
there's no solution in sight... :-(

Thanks in advance!