Kernel 2.6.11 asrock K7S8XE+ does not wakeup

luca@xxxxxxxxxxx(Luca Olivetti)  29.05.05 18:54

Once upon a time "Luca Olivetti " shaped the electrons to say...

>Rainer Zocholl wrote:
>> vdr@xxxxxxxxxxxx(Alfred Zastrow)  29.05.05 12:36

>> I wonder why that was no problem with 2.4.

>We're talking about acpi wakeup, not nvram-wakeup

Neither.
I am wondering why the same BIOS(!) can wakeup the box
under 2.4 and can't under 2.6.x.
See the previous postings under "First try" and "next try".
There is no acpi-wakeup nor nvram-wakeup involved.

>> Was something changed in the "halt" statement with 2.6.x?
>>
>> Too i don't understand, why the wakeup works, when i use the
>> botton "short", but not when i pressed it "long".
>> The BIOS is 1.7 is that a BIOS bug?

>Usually a short press is a signal to the operating system to cleanly
>shut down itself and then turn power off[*], while a long press
>bypasses the os and cuts power directly.

ACK. But i had been in BIOS in that tests to avoid
any problem with the OS!

Maybe a "lilo:" boot prompt could be seen before the power off.

>If the short press (or an equivalent "shutdown -h now") doesn't cut
>power, it's probably because you (or your distribution) didn't setup
>apm/acpi (whichever works best with your mb) correctly.

>[*] actually you can do whatever you want with the power button, I
>configured it to send an "hitk power" command through svdrp.

Nice idea. I'll steal it ASAP ;-)

Rainer