Kernel 2.6.11 asrock K7S8XE+ does not wakeup

vdr@xxxxxxxxxxxx(Alfred Zastrow)  29.05.05 12:36

Once upon a time "Alfred Zastrow " shaped the electrons to say...

>Luca Olivetti schrieb:

>> acpi-wakeup, unless it has been fixed in newer kernels, doesn't
>> allow to set the day but only the time. I'm using it with an asrock
>> k7s8x motherboard

I wonder why that was no problem with 2.4.
Was something changed in the "halt" statement with 2.6.x?

Too i don't understand, why the wakeup works, when i use the
botton "short", but not when i pressed it "long".
The BIOS is 1.7 is that a BIOS bug?

>> and I'm piggy-backing on this "feature" to
>> schedule an external epg scan at 7 o'clock in the morning if there's
>> no recording scheduled for that day (and then tune to cbeebies so
>> when my kids wake up they don't "harass" ;-) me to turn on the vdr
>> box).

>I'm recording the daily-news every day, therefore I can live with this
>"feature".  :-)

ACK.
Too there would be no big risc if the VDR-PC is started at the
"wrong" day, noticed that today is nothing to and went to sleep again
3 minutes later.

Rainer