Kernel 2.6.11 asrock K7S8XE+ does not wakeup

vdr@xxxxxxxxxxxx(Alfred Zastrow)  29.05.05 07:28

Once upon a time "Alfred Zastrow " shaped the electrons to say...

>Rainer Zocholl schrieb:

>[...]
>> # nvram-wakeup  -s $((`date +%s`+ 10 * 60))
>>
>> Box does not wake up anymore.
>>
>> With 2.4.2x i had no such problem.
>[...]

>If you don't find a solution to get NVRAM-wakeup working

Worked before upgrade to kernel 2.6.11

I think i can't blame nvram-wakeup, because if i shutdown using
the "power botton pressed long" the BIOS too is not able to
wakeup the box by timer.

But i remember that there were some option in the kernel settings
"Use real mode APM BIOS call to power off "

But as i wrote in a other posting, the BIOS is suddenly no
"APM" anymore..
IIRC APM and ACPI can't be used at the sametime.
Maybe ACPI did not work under 2.4 so nvram-wakeup uses APM (real mode) call?

>try my
>ACPI-wakeup.
>The setup is pretty simple and with a little bit of luck your
>motherboard is also able, to start on this way.

>You can download it from here:

>http://www.zastrow4u.de/download/acpi-wakeup-0.1.tar.bz2

I'll try. Thanks.

>BTW. I use a Epox EP-8K5A2 board, which is working so far under Linux
>2.6.12-rc1, but only with _daily_ recordings.

That means i should not use nvram-wakeup but programm
the wake up via BIOS to turn on every day at the "main" time?

Or does "acpi-wakeup" only allow daily recordings?
(IIRC Sergei said that non-daily wakeup would only be possible
with nvram writin hack, because teh API isbroken by design.)
Rainer---<=====>                         Vertraulich
             //
           //