Upgrade 2.6.11 with VDR

Rainer Zocholl schrieb:
> linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx(Darren Salt)  28.05.05 01:17
>

>>I demand that Rainer Zocholl may or may not have written...
>

>>[snip]
>>
>>>One probem is logged in dmesg:
>

>>>ACPI: Power Button (FF) [PWRF]
>>>apm: BIOS not found.
>>>apm: BIOS not found.
>

> That's OK?
You compiled APM into your kernel but your BIOS doesn't support APM.
Just disable it next time you compile your kernel. It doesn't matter,
though.

>>>lirc_dev: IR Remote Control driver registered, at major 61
>>>lirc_serial: no version for "lirc_unregister_plugin" found: kernel
>>>tainted.
>

>>That's probably nothing to worry about...
>

> Yes, i don't ;-)
>

>>>lirc_serial: auto-detected active low receiver
>>>lirc_dev: lirc_register_plugin: sample_rate: 0
>>>lp: driver loaded but no devices found
>>>Non-volatile memory driver v1.2
>>>lirc_serial: auto-detected active low receiver
>>>lirc_dev: lirc_register_plugin: sample_rate: 0
>>>APIC error on CPU0: 00(02)
>>>APIC error on CPU0: 02(02)
>>>APIC error on CPU0: 02(02)
>>
>>[snip more APIC errors]
>

>>Presumably you've tried booting with noapic and/or nolapic?
>

> What's that?
> Where do i say that?

Try compiling a kernel with APIC and IOAPIC support. If the errors
persist get rid of both APIC and IOAPIC. And watch out that the boot
manager doesn't pass parameters like noapic etc. to the kernel at boot
time. Please report back.