Re: Request: Seperate AC3 handling for playback and recordings

Udo Richter schrieb:
> Sebastian wrote:
>
>>Seems like some other people also would like the feature of heaving two
>>seperate settings for Dolby in recordings and replay.
>

> You want separate settings for dolby recording and dolby playback?
> Actually, these settings _are_ separated already.
>
> The UseDolbyDigital option only affects recording, and the CurrentDolby
> option only affects playback. The only difference is that CurrentDolby
> is not available in the setup menu and instead automatically remembers
> the last selected track.
>
> The real bug is that the DVD plugin uses UseDolbyDigital as playback
> option. Try replacing UseDolbyDigital by CurrentDolby inside the DVD
> plugin, and see if it makes you happy. <though not tested>
>
> On long term, the DVD plugin should also remember whether a dolby track
> was selected, by writing to CurrentDolby.
>

> Cheers,
>
> Udo

Hi Udo,

the dvd plugin not only lets you choose between different audio tracks.
It also lets you choose if the track is routed through or decoded to PCM.
That aside I think you're right, the problem wouldn't be there if the
dvd plugin offered a dolby setting itself (I already mentioned that).

Cheers

Sebastian