softdevice doubts

Leo M?rquez a ?crit :
> I'm setting up a VDR with a budget cinergy 1200 terratec dvb-t card.
> The mobo is epia-M (svideo out).
> I want to use svideo but while I'm setting up I would use my crt
> monitor(softdevice+FB?) to see my vdr output.

The s-video and VGA and other outputs on EPIA-M output the exact same
image. You can't have the VDR video on one output and the console on
another.
I think that's a limitation of the board, not of the CLE266.
Said otherwise : the s-video + composite chip (VT1622) uses the VGA
output and translate the signal type.

If you want to first use a CRT, then the TV, you're OK. That's what I
did and it works.

If you want a console to control the vdr processes, you can either
connect to a SSH server on your vdr box (from another PC, that you
already have, haven't you ?), or add a second video card inside the box,
make it primary, and make it work...

> Can I done this with softdevice? With which output method?

This has nothing to do with softdevice.

> What output methods have I to comment(to not be used) in softdevice
> makefile to do this?

You could use any output method you which, based on other criteria. I
would suggest DirectFB (light, fast, etc.).

> Finally when I put the VDR in my saloon what output method have I to
> choose to use the svideo out?(softdevice+DFB?)

Use the same as when testing. Softdevice has no problem to switch from
one to another, but other criteria count : start an X server if you use
X, thus stop it, get the right authorizations, etc.

--
NH