again a VDR on Epia-M board issue.. maybe another perspective

> > Now, could the softdevice plugin be modified in a way that it takes the
> > decoded video from the ff card, instead of the ffmpeg software decoder,
> > and then overlays the decoded video with the OSD (using DirectFB).
> >
> > In short, can the softdevice plugin somehow take use of the onboared hw
> > mpeg2 decoder of a ff card?
>
> There is to my knowledge _no_ way to get decoded data from any hardware
> decoder addon card, back to PC memory.
>
> Stefan Lucke

well, i thought that the softdevice plugin could work as a 'regular'
tv-application, that displays the decoded video via the v4l-interface, but
still acts , in respect to VDR, as a DVB device. Softdevice wouldn't need to
get the decoded video back into memory, it just would have to provide the OSD
ontop of the v4l-video window.  (you could compile DVB driver w/o OSD
support, otherwise both-OSDs would be drawn (from ff card itself ))

do you understand what I have in mind? :)

regards,

Thomas