Starting VDR at reboot

hi

lamikr writes:
 > Has anybody made opposite?
 > I am looking for a method to get my vdr box suspended. (Either
 > automatically or after couple of hours inactivity).

I use nvram wakeup for shutting down.  The box then wakes up
automatically for the next recording.  The downside is that you need
to patch vdradmin to get it work with this.

If you just want the box to shut down, use vdr command line options
for a shutdown command.

For initscripts, I installed runit to speed up the boot.  Then vdr is
there as just one service.

yours,
		Jouni