Request: Seperate AC3 handling for playback and recordings

Sebastian wrote:
> Klaus Schmidinger schrieb:
>
>>Sebastian wrote:
>>

>>>Hi Klaus!
>>>
>>>I would like to echo my wish concerning AC3 handling in vdr-1.3.x and
>>>up. I'd like to have the possibility to choose about using AC3 or not
>>>seperately.
>>>I would like to have ac3 in my recordings (for dvd burning) but I don't
>>>want (can't) use ac3 on VDR on playback. I route the audio from the DVB
>>>over spdif to my soundcard. soundcard gives the audio over analog out to
>>>my stereo. Everytime ac3 hits the soundcard I get crackles in my
>>>speakers.
>>

>>Then why do you turn on an AC3 track in the first place?
>>Just don't select it and everything should be fine.
>>Or am I missing something here?
>>
>>Klaus
>>

> Hi Klaus!
>
> When I turn of AC3 playback is fine. But then of course I don't get ac3
> in my recordings. :)
>
> I can of course manually switch ac3 on before a recording and switch it
> off before playing a dvd, but it's inconveniant. And sometimes I forget
> to turn on ac3 before a recording and then I'm annoyed that I don't have
> the ac3 stream when I want to burn the recording on DVD.
>
> Cheers
>
> Sebastian

I'm afraid I still don't see where your problem is.

If you turn on Dolby Digital in the setup, all your recordings will
contain AC3 (if broadcast). All you need to do is _not_ select a
Dolby Digital track from the audio track menu when replaying or
watching live tv.

Klaus