Re: OpenMHP plugin preview

> I've been working on an OpenMHP (a free MHP implementation) plugin for
> VDR. I'm not quite ready to release the software yet, but from a
> suggestion of the people working with OpenMHP, I wrote an introduction
> page for it, and thought I'd post the address here as well:
>
> http://users.utu.fi/miknov/vdr-openmhp/
>
> You can read about OpenMHP here:
> http://www.openmhp.org/

Some of you know there is that other MHP plugin which is suffering from lack
of time, low motivation and some other problems for quite some time now.
I'd like to point out that there is not much duplicated work between these
plugins because of fundamental architectures/design decisions. A short list
of features/advantages, incomplete for the OpenMHP plugin because I only read
the introductory web page:

OpenMHP:
-working ;-)
-display on OSD
-uses SUN's VM and standard AWT
-based on OpenMHP MHP implementation
-run in different process, connected by means of inter-process communication

vdr-mhp:
-based on DirectFB, custom AWT
-trying to avoid SUN software
-tightly integrated in the VDR unix process, started by JNI
-AIT parsing and DSMCC implementation

I am open to any kind of code-sharing.
And I am interested in these Finnish xlets as a testcase, if they run offline.

Marcel