Re: OT: ANNOUNCE of graphlcd based driver for LCDproc-0.5

Laurence Abbott a ?crit :
> On Fri, 2005-05-13 at 17:44 +0200, Lucian Muresan wrote:
>
>>Nicolas Huillard wrote:
>>
>>>Lucian Muresan a ?crit :

>>>If I understand correctly the introduction on
>>>http://www.muresan.de/graphlcd/lcdproc/, this driver allows lcdproc to
>>>display things on a graphic LCD, but does not allow to use a text-based
>>>LCD display with the graphlcd plugin (which seems obvious, stated like
>>>this).
>>
>>Exactly.
>
> How does this differ from the graphlcd plugin?

There is no relation with graphlcd, except for a certain part of a library.
lcdproc is a framework allowing little scripts to display things on an
LCD connected to the PC (typical use = internal temp, CPU load, quote of
the day, etc.). This driver simply allows lcdproc to use the same LCD as
the ones supported by graphlcd. No connection to VDR, hence the [OT].
LCD libraries and tools for Linux are beginning to become widespread and
confusing...

--
NH