Re: more OT : finding a suitable LCD for my box [was : OT: ANNOUNCE of graphlcd based driver for LCDproc-0.5]

Lucian Muresan a ?crit :
> Nicolas Huillard wrote:
>
>> Lucian Muresan a ?crit :
>>
>>> even if it's off-topic on this list, the glcdlib driver I wrote for
>>> LCDproc emerged due to graphlcd which I heard of on this list first.
>>> You can have a look at http://www.muresan.de/graphlcd/lcdproc/ if
>>> you're interested.
>>> Many thanks go to Andreas Regel and the whole VDR developers and
>>> contributors.
>>

>> If I understand correctly the introduction on
>> http://www.muresan.de/graphlcd/lcdproc/, this driver allows lcdproc to
>> display things on a graphic LCD, but does not allow to use a
>> text-based LCD display with the graphlcd plugin (which seems obvious,
>> stated like this).
>
> Exactly.

Wandering from the first URL, I finally jumped to
http://serdisplib.sourceforge.net/ (a library that allows to use many
sorts of LCD on the average computer), and found the solution to my
long-lasting problem : what display could be placed behind the VFD
window of my CD-audio-case based VDR ? (connecting the bare VFD to the
// port is a bit too much for me : get a suitable VFD driver, power
supply, display controler for that display, connect it to the PC,
develop the corresponding software driver of plugin...)

The anwser here is : the average LCD found in a broken/unfashioned cell
phone ! There is averything here to connect the tiny display in the PC
and use graphlcd with it. I was wondering when those LCD could be used
for anything else than junk.

--
NH