Feature Request: Improved cutting

Sergei Haller schrieb:

>On Wed, 11 May 2005, Joerg Knitter (JK) wrote:
>
>JK> FAVRE Gr?goire wrote:
>JK> >
>JK> > I use cut_in_place which tool at MOST TWO SECONDS to do the cuttings
>JK> > of really big recordings... One has to be very very very fast to need
>JK> > then a queue ;-)
>JK> >
>JK> > http://www.linuxtv.org/vdrwiki/index.php/Cutinplace
>JK>
>JK> Hi,
>JK>
>JK> Unfortunately, this modifies the original recording. But this option makes
>JK> sense if the disk is running full or if you really don?t need the original
>JK> recording anymore - so this would also be a nice option in the final vdr
>JK> 1.4. But as I said: I would prefer to see a cutting cue implemented.
>
>I guess, cut_in_place could be easily modified to create a copy of the
>recording and to modify it then. (as an optional parameter)

Sure that's possible, but what would be the benefit in comparison to the
standard cutting process ?
It would be helpful to save the cutted pieces, so that an undo will be
possible !
Anyway the vdr-1.3.23-CutterQueue.patch is exactly what I'm looking for
- would be nice if it finds it way to the core vdr :-)

Helmut