How to buy a movie from a Kiosk tv channel ?

Nicolas Huillard <nhuillard@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Eric GRAMMATICO a ?crit :
>> Hi everyone,
>> I am wondering how to setup my vdr box to be able to buy a movie
>> from a
>> kiosk tv channel like TPS Multivision channels.
>> Does anyone already did it ?
>
> I think "buying" such a movie is simply connecting to a remote server
> using a modem and proceed to a proprietary protocol exchange to pay
> using your credit card.

True. But, according to EN50221, the dialog presented to the user
(through MMI ressource) and the proprietary protocol exchange is
controlled by an application in the CAM.

For the setup to work, the CAM must be able to send messages to a
low-speed communication ressource (i.e. the modem). Vdr's jobs will be
to forward the message from the CAM to the modem.

Once the transaction is done the entitlement should sent back to the
CAM (but I don't know if the entitlement goes through the modem or the
satellite feed)

> That has nothing to do with DVB, CAM or so...

Sorry, I have to disagree.

> I think the CAM key used for transmission is always the same from
> movie to movie.

I don't know these specific part.

> Maybe this is part of the MHP software platform (like all the
> "games" for children) ?

I don't think so: The CA_PMT message (EN50221) can have a CA_enable
field set to "Descrambling possible under conditions (purchase
dialog)".

HTH