VDR not removing recordings

Emil.Naepflein@xxxxxxxxxxx(Emil Naepflein)  08.05.05 09:23

Once upon a time "Emil Naepflein " shaped the electrons to say...

>On 08 May 2005 00:24:00 +0200, Rainer Zocholl wrote:

>>>I'm working on a patch that marks 'ready to delete' recordings,
>>>because I usually let VDR decide what to delete and when. (just dont
>>>have the time to get it completed.) As long as you dont see what may
>>>get deleted, this strategy is a mine field.
>>
>> "find -mane '*.del'" helps and is very fast.
>>

>This will only the primary directories, the secondaries reached by
>symbolic links will still be available and unvisable now.

Which symbolic links you you mean?

I had once tried to use 2 discs.
But that failed totally (i reported).
That's the reason why video home is still called "video0".
But there is no video1 anymore.

>Try the undelete plugin.

I have installer. Very nice. Next time i'll use it to see if my
"delete now" commands were really executed when the disc
is already entirely(!) filled up to the very last block! Maybe VDR
is so busy with complaining "disc is full" into syslog,
that there is no time to mark the recordings or lanch the deletion thread?
But: As i wrote i did not pay much attention to that as it occured
only twice the last 3 month and i assumed a PBCK.

Rainer