[ANNOUNCE] Channelscan Plugin 0.0.4

tinconn@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Hi
>
> a new plugin channelscan has been released. Channelscan uses a
> transponders .ini file from win project like prog-DVB software for
> create a channels.conf
>
> The homepage of the plugin is at  http://www.kikko77.altervista.org goto
> download page for the channelscan-0.0.4.tar.bz2 archive

> changelog: 2005-04-11: Version 0.0.4
>
> - Channelscan is now faster because sets the filters for sdt, pat and
> pmt itself,
> so it now knows when scanning of a transponder is over.(idea from Luca
> Olivetti)
> (write by Thomas Bergwinkl)

I see you've copied large parts of VDR's pat and sdt code in order to
introduce what I assume shall improve performance.

Would you mind elaborating on all these changes and letting me know
what and why they do, so maybe the official VDR code might also
benefit?

Generally it's not such a good idea to duplicate large code segments in
a plugin...

Klaus