Xine and 16:9

Hi,

I've got a rather unusual setup here:

I have got vdr running on my xbox and the xbox is connected to a 16:9 tv.
I am using vdr-xine to display the video stream.

Now my problem is that xine always outputs in 4:3 pixel aspect ratio,
thus if I view a 16:9 movie I have black bars. I still can zoom in on my
tv to get a picture without bars but with a loss in qualtiy.

So the question is if it is possible to automagically switch xine to
output with a 16:9 pixel aspect ratio when such a stream is detected.
(meaning no black bars on the "x11" window but of course a horizontally
compressed picture). Then I could simply activate the widescreen mode on
my tv which would not require zooming but simply displaying the picture
with a 16:9 aspect ratio.

kind regards Philip