VDR not removing recordings

Kartsa wrote:
> By looking at the log I found that there has not been any removing after
> april 30th. As if the change of mont would have something to do with it.
>
> The reason I noticed this was the fact that diskspace was running out
> even though there were not so many recordings on the disk (according to
> vdr).

Check your system log. There should be messages like this:

: low disk space while recording, trying to remove a deleted recording...
: ...no deleted recording found, trying to delete an old recording...
: deleting recording xxxxx.rec
: low disk space while recording, trying to remove a deleted recording...
: removing recording xxxxx.del

or

: ...no old recording found, giving up

Check for any error messages in that area.

Possible reasons: Does VDR have full write access to the recordings?

Cheers,

Udo