VDR tuning to wrong channel

Markku Tavasti wrote:
> This mornig I found strange behaviour: VDR claimed to show & record
Channel 4,
> but program was from Ch 1. And recording from yesterday was also
similar way.

> I tested bit more, and found out that if I first tune to Ch 3, which
is on same
> transponder as 4, I can get Ch4 working. But if I have tuned to Ch1 or
Ch2,
> after it change to Ch4 shows picture of Ch1, but claims to be on Ch4.

I remember having this symptom a long time ago. It usually happened with
subtitles plugin, which tuned into a wrong device/channel, and there was
no subtitles in the recording. I reported it into the mailing list long
time ago but got no answer.

If you looked at the syslog you could see 2 adjacent channel switches,
first of which to the correct channel, the second to the "wrong" (as far
as the subtitles plugin was concerned).

I thought this was fixed (or cured away) also a long time ago, but if it
is still there I'd debug the device-receiver logic, i.e. what happens if
2 threads does a simulaneous GetDevice() -> Addreceiver():

	- GetDevice (thread 1 / frequency a)
	- GetDevice (thread 2 / frequency b)
	- AddReceiver (thread 1)
	- AddReceiver (thread 2)

If both GetDevice() think the same device is free, I guess it could
happen (if there is no double checks after the receiver has been added,
that the frequency has not changed).

But, if you are using an old VDR (<1.3 or <1.3.6 or <1.3.12 (I can't
remember when the symptom disappeared)) you might first upgrade to a
newer one to see if it helps.

					Teemu