Dual Card causing recording problems (Dr Who)

I have just started having problems recording from Terrestrial TV. I have
two cards (TT-Full Featured card and Nova Budget card). I have been using
VDR successfully for well over a year now and all has been well. Recently I
started having errors "vdr[9978]: ERROR: skipped 152 bytes to sync on TS
packet on device 2". The result is a totally unwatchable video stream.

I didn't think I had done too much to the config recently. I know I added a
few drivers but that was to get the VDR to DVD conversions working. I
reloaded LIRC. But nothing I would call fundamental. I just started having
these errors.

I think I have solved it by removing the Nova budget card. Now, of course, I
can only record one channel at a time (unless they are on the same
Transponder, not all are from Crystal Palace), but at least I can record.

The question is "Why?" and "Why now?".

The second question is: Does anyone have a decent recording of Dr Who from
30-Apr-2005, the one with the Daleks?

Adrian P Challinor